The Parks and Recreation Committee is looking for new members. It meets on the fourth Monday of the month to advise the township supervisors on how best to operate and expand the park and walking trail facilities, and organizes activities to improve the well-being and community spirit of the township’s residents. If this is something that interests you, please contact the township or email the committee directly.
This is just a reminder that a couple of Tricentennial-related deadlines are fast approaching:
- August 23, 2017
- The final day for Tricentennial vendors to nab a guaranteed slot. Slots will still be available after this day, but cannot be guaranteed. You can download a vendor form (PDF) and send it in to the township with a check to reserve your slot.
- August 31, 2017
- The last opportunity to enter the Tricentennial Photography Competition. Take a picture of something you think represents Sadsbury Township, and follow the instructions to email it in. The competition is free, and you can enter as many times as you like to increase your chances of winning.
Sadsbury Township’s Parks and Recreation Committee is seeking volunteers for the annual “Community Day” in Bert Reel Park on Saturday, August 20, 2016. Help is needed for a variety of tasks, including:
- Setting up (starting at 7:30am)
- Assigning slots to vendors
- Directing traffic
- Helping people to park
- Handing out raffle tickets and conducting the draw
- Operating the inflatable obstacle course and moon bounces
- Assisting with other attractions
- Post-event cleanup
The goal is to have enough people to make it easy to get cover when a volunteer needs to take a break, on what might be a hot and humid day. Prior to the event, the plan is to have an “orientation meeting” at Bert Reel Park (date TBD) and every volunteer will receive an event T-shirt to help make them easy to identify in the crowd.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com with your contact details and put “COMMUNITY DAY VOLUNTEER” in the subject header.
Volunteers are sought to serve on the Sadsbury Township Parks and Recreation Committee. Please contact the township office if you are interested in exploring this opportunity.
All posts for the Sadsbury Township Parks and Recreation committee have been filled. If you are interested in the work of the committee, please contact the township office for more information about the committee’s meeting schedule.