Election Day is Tuesday, November 6, 2012!
Voters will be asked, but not required, to show an acceptable photo ID on Election Day. All photo IDs must contain an expiration date that is current, unless noted otherwise. Voter’s names on their photo IDs do not need to exactly match their voter registration, but the names must substantially conform. Acceptable IDs include:
- Photo IDs issued by the U.S. Federal Government or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (including the Department of State Voter ID Card)
- PA Driver’s License or Non-driver’s License photo ID (IDs are valid for voting purposes 12 months past expiration date)
- Valid U.S. passport
- U.S. Military ID– active duty and retired military (a military or veteran’s ID must designate an expiration date or designate that the expiration date is indefinite). Military dependents’ ID must contain an expiration date.
- Employee photo ID issued by Federal, PA, PA County or PA Municipal government
- Photo ID from an accredited PA public or private institution of higher learning, including colleges, universities, seminaries, community colleges and other two-year colleges
- Photo ID issued by a PA care facility, including long-term care facilities, assisted living residences or personal care homes
If you do not have one of these IDs, and require one for voting purposes, you may be entitled to get one FREE OF CHARGE at a PennDOT Driver License Center. To find the Driver License Center nearest you, and learn what supporting documentation you will need to get a photo ID visit PennDOT’s Voter ID Website or call the Department of State’s Voter ID Hotline at 1-877-VotesPA (868-3772).
Additional voting information, specific to Chester County, can be found at Chesco Voter Services (see below link) or by calling (610) 344-6410.