Taking a Summer Vacation…?
You can let the Sadsbury Township Police Department know that you will be away so that they can make periodic checks of your home.
If you would like to request a vacation property check, click here. The completed form can be e-mailed to the Sadsbury Township Police Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, submitted via fax at (610) 857-4666, or mailed to PO Box 418, Sadsburyville, PA 19369 .
With summer almost here, children are out of school and spending more time outside. The Sadsbury Township Police Department offers the following tips for keeping your kids safe while on summer vacation.
Although your child should be supervised by a trusted adult at all times, it is still important to teach them:
- Never get into a car, go along with, or admit a stranger to your home.
- Teach children when and how to dial 9-1-1.
- Make sure younger children know their name, address, and phone number.
- Ensure that all children know their parent’s names, addresses and phone numbers.
- Caution teenagers about “blind dates” and meeting unknown on-line contacts.
- Teach all children how to exit your home in case of an emergency.
- Emphasize that police officers, EMT’s, and fire department personnel are there to help in an emergency.
- Make sure all children know how to answer the telephone so as not to give out personal information (i.e. home addresses, absence of adults, etc.).
- Chapter 59 of the Sadsbury Township Ordinances sets guidelines for children/minors to be in public areas and/or establishments.
It is important for parents to understand the guidelines set forth by the Township for the conduct and safety of the children in the Township:
Curfew Hours for “young minors”
(Under the age of sixteen )
9:15 PM on school nights
10:15 PM on non-school nights
Curfew hours for “mature minors”
( Between the ages of sixteen  and eighteen )
11:00 PM on school nights
12:00 AM on non-school nights
Sadsbury Township Police Department is now on Facebook!
Residents can now connect with their Police Department on Facebook! Take a moment to check out their new page here.