Pennsylvania American Water Company (PAWC) has advised the Township that they will be closing a portion of Valley Road (Route 372) beginning December 1, 2014. The contractor for PAWC, Fidelity Contracting, LLC, has provided the below details about the project, its timing, and detour plan.
- The work is being done for PA American Water Company and is authorized under PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permit #06085794.
- The work will begin at Newport Avenue and run westward just beyond Old Wilmington Road.
- The road closure will be between Newport Road and Strasburg Road. Local traffic will be permitted to enter the work zone.
- The actual closure will occur Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM through 3:00 PM. The road will be re-opened to through-traffic at the end of each work day.
- A detour will be in place, per the attached detour plan.
- The work is expected to be completed by Wednesday 12/24/2014.