Parks and Recreation Committee
Minutes of meeting on September 25, 2017
Sadsbury Township Municipal Building
Present: Simon Jessey, Matt Hensel, Deborah Jessey
Absent: Erik Brecht, Lori Brecht
- Meeting called to order by Mr Jessey at 7:00 P.M.
- Mr Jessey made a motion to waive the reading of the minutes of the previous meeting, seconded by Mr Hensel.
- Mr Jessey made a motion to adopt the minutes of the previous meeting, seconded by Mr Hensel.
- Mr Jessey and Mr Hensel reported that all the cleaning up for Tricentennial Day had been completed.
- Mr Jessey reported he had prepared packets to send out T-shirts to qualifying sponsors.
- Mrs Jessey reported on the final income and outgoings for the Tricentennial, although the numbers need to be verified by the township.
- The Committee discussed how the Tricentennial event went, and how it can act as a blueprint for Community Day going forward. The Gateway Church location was a superb venue, with plenty of space for activities and plenty of parking for everyone. The lack of shade was somewhat problematic for performers and the inflatables. The PA system did not have enough power to cover the entire venue, but it can be adapted to work next year. It was agreed that more activities for younger people will be needed next year. It was further agreed that we would need to make future banners and signs more generic, so that they could be used annually.
- Mr Hensel agreed to remove all the yard signs for the Tricentennial.
- Mr Hensel agreed to clean up and close up the Snack Shack.
- Mr Jessey agreed to mail out the T-shirts on September 26, then order the framed print for the Photography Competition winning entry in October.
- The Committee determined that no members would be available to report at the October 3rd Supervisors meeting, and Mr Jessey said he would prepare a statement for the meeting, to be read out by Mr Walters.
- The Committee prepared recommendations for the upcoming fiscal year to be presented at the September 26 budget meeting. These included recommendations about improvements to Bert Reel Park’s basketball court, pavilion, Snack Shack and points of ingress.
With there being no further business or public comment, the meeting was adjourned at 8:11 P.M.