Parks and Recreation Committee
Minutes of meeting on October 23, 2017
Sadsbury Township Municipal Building
Present: Simon Jessey, Matt Hensel, Deborah Jessey
Absent: Erik Brecht, Lori Brecht
- Meeting called to order by Mr Jessey at 7:00 P.M.
- Mr Jessey made a motion to waive the reading of the minutes of the previous meeting, seconded by Mr Hensel.
- Mr Jessey made a motion to adopt the minutes of the previous meeting, seconded by Mr Hensel.
- Mr Jessey reported all the sponsor T-shirts had been mailed out.
- Mr Jessey and Mrs Jessey prepared the winning entry of the Tricentennial Photography Competition and hung it in the Township Building.
- Mr Jessey reported he had attended the September budget meeting and advised the Supervisors per the Parks and Recreation Committee’s discussion at the previous parks meeting.
- Mr Hensel reported that the Snack Shack had been fully cleaned out and closed up.
- Mr Hensel reported that all the Tricentennial yard signs had been removed.
- The committee discussed essential repairs that need to be done in Bert Reel Park. Specifically, the water fountain by the pavilion, and the pavilion’s power outlets. It was decided that we would arrange a meeting at the park with the Public Works Department to go over our concerns.
- The township’s Municipal Directory was discussed. Mrs Jessey agreed to review other directories and compile a list of recommended sections and content. The committee agreed it would nice to see pictures of key township figures.
- The committee discussed goals for 2018, including trying to map out walking trails, improvements to Bert Reel Park, and arranging more community events for the fun and well-being of the residents. Also discussed were ways to enhance Community Day for 2018, and what to do about the plaque that should be in the pavilion.
- Ideas were floated about how to design a generic banner that can be used for Community Day going forward.
With there being no further business or public comment, the meeting was adjourned at 8:14 P.M.