Parks and Recreation Committee
Minutes of meeting on November 27, 2017
Sadsbury Township Municipal Building
Present: Simon Jessey, Matt Hensel, Deborah Jessey
Absent: Erik Brecht, Lori Brecht
- Meeting called to order by Mr Jessey at 7:00 P.M.
- Mr Jessey made a motion to waive the reading of the minutes of the previous meeting, seconded by Mr Hensel.
- Mr Jessey made a motion to adopt the minutes of the previous meeting, seconded by Mr Hensel.
- Mr Jessey reported he had not met with the Public Works Department, but would try to do so in the near future.
- Mrs Jessey reported she had analyzed the example Municipal Directories and identified the most useful sections and content. Mr Jessey took that analysis and created a mock-up of what a Sadsbury Township version might look like. The committee determined that much of the content would need to be provided by other departments. For example, fire and emergency information should be provided by the Fire Department, and information about voting and taxes should be provided by Township administration. Mr Jessey said he would show the mockup to the Board of Supervisors and seek approval to contact the directory printers and begin moving the process forward.
- The committee went over the repairs needed to Bert Reel Park. Mr Hensel said some of the power outlets in the pavilion were not working and there was a large hole at the bottom of the water fountain drain. Mr Hensel also said the park needed to be prepared for winter.
- Mr Jessey suggested the committee could organize an early summer BBQ event in Bert Reel Park to help raise a bit of money towards the parks budget and promote the Community Day that would occur later in the year. Two possible dates were discussed (May 19 and June 9).
- The committee went over proposed dates for 2018 meetings. Mr Jessey said he would provide that list to the Township.
- The committee discussed possible dates for Community Day.
With there being no further business or public comment, the meeting was adjourned at 7:40 P.M.