Parks and Recreation Committee
Minutes of meeting on May 22, 2017
Sadsbury Township Municipal Building
Present: Simon Jessey, Matt Hensel, Deborah Jessey
Absent: Erik Brecht, Lori Brecht
Also attending: Bryan Walters
- Meeting called to order by Mr Jessey at 7:00 P.M.
- The minutes of the previous meeting were read.
- Mr Jessey made a motion to adopt the minutes of the previous meeting, seconded by Mrs Jessey.
- Mr Jessey reported that he had obtained quotes and estimates for Tricentennial-related items, including tables, chairs, volunteer T-shirts, and a sponsors banner.
- Mr Jessey reported that UTICOM had kindly agreed to provide our street banners again this year, and Vietri Electric had kindly agreed to service our electrical needs for the event.
- Mr Jessey distributed a diagram showing a proposed field layout for the event.
- Mr Hensel produced a fresh copy of his food preparation license, which is now displayed in the Snack Shack.
- Mr Walters reported he has an ongoing dialog with Chester County Historical Society, and he thinks he may have sourced a PA system.
- The committee audited a list of potential Tricentennial sponsors to prepare for mailing out forms.
- The committee discussed setting up and running the Tricentennial event, and how many volunteers we think we will need.
- The committee checked the tax status of the Snack Shack. PA law seems to indicate tax need only be collected on prepared food, which does not apply to the Snack Shack at this time.
Assignments for next meeting
- Mr Jessey to mail out sponsor letters and forms, contact Hougar Farms to ask about straw bales, and contact other organizations to seek performances and displays for the Tricentennial.
- Mr Brecht to contact John Rock to ask about a platform for the Tricentennial stage.
- Mr Walters to contact a fireworks display company to get prices and advice about a venue.
With there being no further business or public comment, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 P.M.