Parks and Recreation Committee
Minutes of meeting on March 27, 2017
Sadsbury Township Municipal Building
Present: Simon Jessey, Matt Hensel, Deborah Jessey
Absent: Erik Brecht, Lori Brecht
Note: The committee was unable to access the building, so a brief meeting was conducted in the township parking lot, with most of the agenda pushed to the April meeting.
- Meeting called to order by Mr Jessey at 7:15 P.M.
- The minutes of the previous meeting were read.
- Mr Jessey made a motion to adopt the minutes of the previous meeting, seconded by Mrs Jessey.
- Mr Jessey reported that he had written to Jesse Donovan to inform him of his status with respect to the committee.
- Mr Jessey presented draft copies of letters and forms to be sent out to potential sponsors and vendors for the Tricentennial. The committee reviewed the drafts and suggested changes. Mr Jessey will submit them to the township lawyer for approval.
- Mr Hensel reported that he would setup a meeting between the committee and Gateway Church to discuss the Tricentennial.
- Mr Jessey reported there would be a difficulty in preparing the baseball field in Bert Reel Park for upcoming softball events, and that something would need to be worked out with the township manager.
- Mrs Jessey presented the committee with the idea of holding a photography contest, with the winning picture to be featured in the upcoming township brochure. The contest would be judged by township supervisors during the Tricentennial event. The committee agreed to discuss this further at the next meeting.
With there being no further business or public comment, the meeting was adjourned at 7:30 P.M.