Parks and Recreation Committee
Minutes of meeting on February 27, 2017
Sadsbury Township Municipal Building
Present: Anthony Schuibbeo, Simon Jessey, Matt Hensel, Deborah Jessey, Erik Brecht, Lori Brecht
Absent: Jesse Donovan
- Meeting called to order by Mr Jessey at 7:00 P.M.
- Mr Jessey made a motion to waive the reading of the minutes from the previous meeting, seconded by Mr Hensel.
- Mr Jessey made a motion to adopt the minutes of the previous meeting, seconded by Mr Hensel.
- Mr Jessey reported that he had not heard back from the FAA concerning his request for information on Temporary Flight Restrictions. The committee decided to explore different options with respect to putting on a fireworks display for the Tricentennial.
- Mr Jessey reported that Bouncyroo would not be able to provide their obstacle course on the June 24 date the committee had in mind for the Tricentennial, but that it would be available for dates in September.
- Mr Hensel reported that he had tried to contact Jesse Donovan, but he had not had any replies. The committee decided Mr Jessey would write to Mr Donovan concerning his position on the committee.
- Mrs Brecht reported that she attended a meeting of the Sadsbury Historical Society and opened up a line of dialogue with Mr Dick Dague.
- After discussing the issues surrounding the availability of inflatables, organizational time, and fundraising time, the committee decided to recommend to the Board of Supervisors that the Tricentennial event be held on September 23.
- The committee looked at examples of municipal fliers and discussed the text and images that would be needed to produce one for the township. Mr Jessey will contact the Print Maps people and begin the process.
- The committee decided to approach John Rock, Inc., to ask if they would be able to help us put together a stage for the Tricentennial.
- Mr Hensel agreed to begin compiling a list of food and drink vendors for the Tricentennial.
- Mr and Mrs Jessey agreed to create letters and forms to send out to sponsors and vendors.
- The committee discussed forms of advertising for the Tricentennial.
With there being no further business or public comment, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 P.M.