Parks and Recreation Committee
Minutes of meeting on February 26, 2018
Sadsbury Township Municipal Building
Present: Simon Jessey, Matt Hensel, Amanda Hensel, jonny Damon
Absent: Deborah Jessey
- Mr Jessey reported that he had exchanged emails with Brenda of the PRINT company, and learned that the township would now have to pay for the distribution of copies of the Municipal Directory to township properties. With no supervisor present for the meeting, further work on the directory would be put off until next month. Mr Jessey said he would raise the matter of distribution with the supervisors at their next meeting.
- Mr Jessey reported that he had spoken with the principals involved with the softball and baseball teams that will use Bert Reel Park, and that it looks like schedule conflicts will be avoided. The committee agreed it would make sense to ask the Public Works Department to do mowing of the field on Fridays.
- Mr Jessey reported that no decision had been made on whether or not to continue rentals of Bert Reel Park. Mr Jessey agreed to press the supervisors to make a decision at their next meeting.
- Mr and Mrs Hensel reported that preparations for the June 9 BBQ event were well underway. Tickets have been printed, and the goal is to make as many pre-sales as possible. The Lions club may join the event with a bake sale. Tickets for a BBQ chicken dinner cost $12 and are available at Hensel’s Mowing Service and P.J.’s Deli.
- The committee will make a rota for the running of the Snack Shack this season.
- Members of the committee will research local events over the late summer to see if we can find a date for Community Day that doesn’t clash.
- The committee had an open discussion about Community Day.
With there being no further business or public comment, the meeting was adjourned at 8:20 P.M.