Parks and Recreation Committee
Minutes of meeting on August 28, 2017
Sadsbury Township Municipal Building
Present: Simon Jessey, Matt Hensel, Deborah Jessey
Absent: Erik Brecht, Lori Brecht
Also attending: Bryan Walters, Dale Hensel, Gerald Ranck, Raymond Stackhouse
- Meeting called to order by Mr Jessey at 7:00 P.M.
- Mr Jessey made a motion to waive the reading of the minutes of the previous meeting, seconded by Mr Hensel.
- Mr Jessey made a motion to adopt the minutes of the previous meeting, seconded by Mr Hensel.
Mr Jessey summarized the schedule of tasks for the preparation and execution of the township’s Tricentennial. Police Chief Ranck and KVFD Fire Chief Stackhouse pledged the support of their departments. Chief Stackhouse confirmed Keystone Valley Fire Department would make their foldaway tables and chairs available and deliver them to the Gateway Church venue on Friday, September 22. Mr Walters announced he would be acquiring a PYLE Pro PA system for use at the event, and for additional events thereafter.
- Mr Jessey reported he had put out the banners, and that preparations for the Tricentennial were more or less completed.
- Mr Matt Hensel reported that Fastenal has provided marking paint and traffic cones.
- Mrs Jessey reported that to date, sponsors have contributed $6,300 and vendors account for an additional $490.
- Mr Walters said he would speak one last time to Mr Brecht about the flatbed for the Tricentennial, before pursuing the matter himself.
- Mr Matt Hensel provided a list of T-shirt sizes for volunteers. Mr Jessey said he would combine it with the existing list and order the shirts.
- The Committee discussed tent sizes and settled on two of 40 x 60 feet.
- Mrs Jessey proposed that hard copies of all the photography competition entries be displayed in the main room of the municipal building on September 5, so that supervisors and parks committee members can pick out a shortlist of 6.
- Mr Jessey will order the tents and the T-shirts.
- Mr and Mrs Jessey will prepare for the photography competition shortlist judging.
With there being no further business or public comment, the meeting was adjourned at 8:15 P.M.