“In light of recent events, Sadsbury Township would like to clarify that it did not authorize any of the comments posted by a police officer on the internet. Those comments do not, in any way, reflect the views, positions or opinions of the Township. The Sadsbury Police Department remains steadfast in its sworn duty to serve and protect every resident and visitor of Sadsbury Township.”
Type of Dog: Boxer Mix
Last Seen: Valley Road, Parkesburg, PA 19365
If Found: Please Contact us at: 484-883-9627
Sassy is a friendly and loving dog, and she is very strong and runs quickly. She is also not wearing a collar or a tag as she ran out of our home because the door was left open. Please help us find our dog. We miss her greatly.
Pennsylvania American Water Company (PAWC) has advised the Township that they will be closing a portion of Valley Road (Route 372) beginning December 1, 2014. The contractor for PAWC, Fidelity Contracting, LLC, has provided the below details about the project, its timing, and detour plan.
- The work is being done for PA American Water Company and is authorized under PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permit #06085794.
- The work will begin at Newport Avenue and run westward just beyond Old Wilmington Road.
- The road closure will be between Newport Road and Strasburg Road. Local traffic will be permitted to enter the work zone.
- The actual closure will occur Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM through 3:00 PM. The road will be re-opened to through-traffic at the end of each work day.
- A detour will be in place, per the attached detour plan.
- The work is expected to be completed by Wednesday 12/24/2014.
Since 1947, the U.S. Marines have been looking after needy children at Christmas through their Toys for Tots program and today it is the premier community action program of the United State Marine Corps.
This year, the Sadsbury Township Municipal Building will be an official donation/collection site. From now until Monday, December 16, 2013 we invite you to bring a new, unwrapped toy to help the Marines make a child’s Christmas!
Pennsy Supply of Annville, Pennsylvania was awarded the contract by the Board of Supervisors on September 3, 2013 at their regular monthly business meeting.
Compass Road will be closed to all but local (resident) traffic from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday for the duration of the project.
Pennsy Supply has advised that it is their intent to have the project completed by October 31, 2013 – again, weather permitting. Compass Road residents have been notified by the contractor and the CASD, fire companies, and police department have been advised as well. For contact information and to read the notice to Compass Road residents, click here.
The Sadsbury Township Police Department wishes to advise the Township’s residents of some detours and temporary road closures scheduled for Thursday, September 19, 2013 in order to allow for traffic associated with funeral services for Township resident and local business owner, Harry Lymberis.
The detours and temporary closures will affect the following area roadways:
Old Wilmington Road and Route 30 (Temporary)
Old Wilmington Road at First Avenue (Detour)
Old Wilmington Road at South Bonsall Road (Detour)
The closures and detours are expected to take place for a short period of time between the hours of 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM.
We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as the community honors a local icon.
School Bus Safety Tips
Students should remember:
• Never walk close to the front or sides of the bus. The bus driver may not be able to see you.
• When crossing the street to get onto the bus, always look left, then right, then left again.
• If you drop something near the bus, don’t pick it up until you tell the bus driver. Otherwise, he or she may not see you.
• Wait until the bus stops, the door opens, and the driver says it is okay to board before stepping onto the bus.
• Never speak to strangers at the bus stop and never get into the car with a stranger. Always go straight home and tell you parents if a stranger tries to talk to you or pick you up.
Motorists should remember:
• Yellow flashing lights on the bus indicate the bus is getting ready to stop and load or unload. You need to slow down and get ready to stop.
• Red flashing lights and a stop signal arm indicate that the bus has stopped and that children are getting on or off. You must stop your vehicle at least 10 feet before reaching the school bus. You may not proceed until the flashing red signal lights are no long activated.
• You can be fined $250 for each violation when improperly meeting or overtaking a school bus. Additionally, a conviction will result in a 60-day driver’s license suspension and assessment of 5 points on the operator’s driving record.
• Please obey all posted speed limits; especially in school zones, where the penalties for speeding are enhanced.
• Children walking to school or school buses stopping for children could slow down your morning or evening commute. Adjust your driving schedule appropriately.
The Sadsbury Township Police Department wishes to advise the Township’s residents of some temporary road closures scheduled for Wednesday, August 21, 2013 in order to allow for traffic associated with funeral services for Westwood Fire Company Past Fire Chief Robert P. Gathercole, Jr..
The intermittent/temporary closures will effect the following area roadways:
Old Wilmington Road and Route 30 (Intermittent)
Route 30 & Aim Boulevard (Intermittent)
Route 30 & Airport Road (Intermittent)
Route 30 & Strode Avenue (Intermittent)
Route 30 & Route 372 (Intermittent)
Route 372 & Route 10 (Intermittent)
Route 10 & Octorara Road (Intermittent)
Octorara Road – From Route 10 to Sadsbury Road – Full Closure from Noon to 2:00 PM (Approximate); Local Traffic ONLY.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation as the community honors one of its heroes.